Best Buy gifts are simply awesome, and there are some logical reasons behind this awesomeness.
- Easy to exchange facilities.
- Functional customer care.
- There are no hidden fees, or none at all.
- There is no associated expiration date.
But when it comes to an international payment or more diversified payment solution, Best Buy cannot offer such. Here, the master is PayPal. So, can you convert Best Buy gift card to PayPal? We examine this context in detail in this article. Let’s hit the ground.
Why Convert a Best Buy Gift Card to PayPal?
- To make international payments.
- To have more purchasing options from every online and offline store. Please keep in mind that there are nearly zero stores (online or offline) that do not accept PayPal.
- More security for your fund.
- You are habituated to using PayPal.
- You have received the Best Buy gift card as a present, but you don’t want to purchase a gift now.
- The product you want to buy, the seller offering a discount on a specific card—let’s say Visa—So, you can feed the Visa card from the PayPal balance (which is actually the balance of your Best Buy gift card).
How to Convert a Best Buy Gift Card to PayPal?
Well, PayPal does not allow converting a Best Buy gift card’s balance directly to a PayPal balance. As per PayPal’s terms, it only allows direct conversion of Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover gift cards. So, you have to use an indirect approach. This indirect approach includes a two-step process:
- Converting the gift card to cash.
- Uploading the cash to PayPal
Converting a Best Buy Gift Card to Cash
There are three different options available. You can select any one of the below.
1. Selling the Gift Card for Cash
To convert a Best Buy gift card to PayPal, this is the best option. Please follow the below guidelines.
Selling Best Buy Gift Card on Online Platform
- There are several online platforms that purchase any gift card, including gift cards from Best Buy. Search one and go to that website. The prominent websites are CardCash, GiftCardio, Checkout Saver, Raise, Best Buy, Gift Card Saving, etc.
- Find the page designated to buy gift cards (“Selling” from your end: usually the site mentions “Sell your Gift Card” or just “Sell”).
- Insert your gift card’s name (Best Buy).
- Insert amount.
- Check offers.
- Select “Get Cash.”
- The system will ask you which method you’d like to use to take the cash (PayPal Express, bank transfer, or check).
- If you have a PayPal Express account, select that one; if not, select any one of the other two methods.
- Now, input the Best Buy gift card number and the associated PIN.
- Click “Continue.”
- The system will ask you to log in. If you do not have an account on the gift card selling site, log in by using your email address.
- Now, you have to provide your personal details to the system, like your name, phone number, address, etc.
- That’s it. You have the amount of cash in hand that is equivalent (a bit less) to the respective Best Buy gift card’s value.
Please note that if you have a physical card, the selling site’s authority will not release the money until they receive the physical card.
Selling a Best Buy Gift Card at the Kiosk
- Find a kiosk within the neighborhood.
- Go to the kiosk and insert the Best Buy gift card details (depending on the available facility, you can also swipe or scan the card into the system).
- The system will provide you with an offer. Please keep in mind that the actual value will be slightly lower.
- Accept the offer.
- The system will generate a printed voucher.
- Take that and go to the cashier.
- Now you have the cash.
Selling a Best Buy Gift Card to Friends or Family
- Find a friend or relative who is going to purchase a gift card. The best search method is to generate a social media post maintaining a restricted circulation; it is not suitable to sell it to an unknown person as he or she might disappear after receiving the gift card.
- Ask your friend or relative to pay in cash.
- Collect the cash and hand over the card.
2. Convert the Cash to PayPal
- Now that you have the cash, deposit it into your bank account, which is linked to PayPal.
- Go to your PayPal account.
- Go to “Wallet.”
- Press the “Transfer Money” button.
- Press the “Add Money” button.
- Select the bank. If the bank account is not linked with PayPal, you have to provide details like the account number, bank name, SWIFT code, etc.
- Type the amount you want to add (the money you have received after selling the Best Buy gift card).
- Press the “Add” button.
- You have successfully converted your Best Buy gift card to PayPal.
Another Suitable Converting Solution
- If any of your friends, relatives, or colleagues agree to buy the gift card, ask them if they have a PayPal account. And is there any balance equivalent to the gift card’s value?
- If they say “yes,” request that they transfer the amount to your PayPal account.
- In this way, you will not be required to make any bank deposits or add money to PayPal.
We expect that now you will be able to convert Best Buy gift card to PayPal without any problem by following the above-mentioned strategy. Surely, a Best Buy gift card has many benefits, but PayPal is the dominant one. This conversion will assist you in gaining more control over the fund while opening a wider door to make purchases. However, we should mention that after converting, you will get a bit less than the actual value of the Best Buy gift card.
People Also Ask
How do I sell a Best Buy gift card instantly?
You can sell the Best Buy gift card instantly by using the service of any gift card selling platform or kiosk.
Can I sell a Best Buy gift card online for a PayPal amount?
Yes, you can sell the Best Buy gift card in exchange for a PayPal balance if you have a PayPal Express account (a business account).
Can I convert any gift card to a PayPal balance?
You cannot convert any gift card balance to a PayPal balance directly. PayPal allows conversion for only Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover gift cards. However, there is an indirect method, in which you can convert the gift card to cash at first and then upload the amount to PayPal.