New parents are also so wound up worrying about their babies, which is really normal. Parents always fear for their children and most often want to monitor them for their safety, especially if they are of really young age or just born. What if there were devices that could help you monitor your baby from wherever you are? Nanit is here at your rescue! Nanit is an American company that uses new-generation technology to create devices connected to your phone. The camera continues recording and capturing the baby’s every moment, analyzes, and sends you insights. But is Nanit compatible with Google Home? No, it is not. But there’s more to it.
Is Nanit Compatible with Google Home?
Nanit is an excellent long-term investment if you are looking for performance quality. Nanit offers a wide array of products, and the most special ones are the ones that allow you to put surveillance on your newborn. Unfortunately, as of 2022, Nanit is not compatible with Google Home. But Nanit was considering working with Google Home and announced that it is on their radar. To integrate Nanit with Google Home, they will need an ETA. So is Nanit compatible with Google Home? No, it really isn’t.
Which Devices Work With Nanit?
This has a straightforward answer. If your device has the capacity and is enabled enough to download the Nanit app, your device ought to work with Nanit. Nanit supports Android, ios, iPad, Android tablets, Kindle fire, apple watches, and Android emulators like Bluestacks and Alexa too! While this is usually the most befitting category, most people are happy with it because Nanit supports all sorts of standard and common devices.
Can Nanit Video be streamed on Google Home?
No Nanit video cannot be streamed on Google Home. As discussed above, Nanit is neither compatible with Google Home nor integrates with it. Nanit has high image quality and all other nice and edgy things, but its only drawback is that it isn’t compatible with some pervasive Home devices. In fact, several customers on the official Nanit complained about this. This feature is not available for a longest time.
However, some Reddit users suggest that the live feed can be streamed on Google Home via Bluetooth, but nothing is concrete. At the same time, other users indicated that using Home Bridge is a wonderful option. However, the best option seemed to be the Bluestacks option, where you can Stream Nanit video on your PC using this safe and reliable Android Emulator. Here is how you can stream Nanit Video via Bluestacks:
- Go to the Bluestacks website and download it.
- After downloading it, log in to your Play Store account.
- Download the Nanit app.
- Sign in to your Nanit account.
- And stream Nanit videos easily.
How to Enable Nanit with Amazon Alexa?
Alexa is a voice-controlled device that will help you to operate calls, listen to music, etc. And yes, Nanit is compatible with Amazon Alexa. This will give you the control to operate Nanit using the voice control features that Alexa provides. Having access to this feature means you can hear your baby in sleep and also comfort them with your voice from far away because of the incredible range Nanit Provides. Follow these steps to enable Nanit with Amazon Alexa:
- Firstly, you have to download the Echo Show Skill. This step is important because, through this, you will be able to connect your Nanit account to Alexa.
- The next step would be to ensure that you have both Nanit and Amazon accounts to properly set up your Echo Show skill. Once the installation of the Echo show Skill is complete, you will have to open it.
- After opening the Echo Show Skill app, click on ‘Enable.’
- Sign in to your Amazon account with the username and password after it is enabled.
- Now you will be asked to go through a process named ‘two-factor authentication.’
- Bear in mind that this step will not continually be repeated to stream live videos of Nanit.
- If you have any problems, call Nanit’s support team at 1-888-921-NANIT (62448).
The Nanit app is easily accessible since it is free both in the App Store and Google Play Store.
What Should We Know Before Getting a Nanit Monitor?
Here are six things you would want to know before getting a Nanit Monitor:
- Nanit is not an ordinary baby monitor. By this, I mean that regular monitors usually sweep away and delete existing footage quickly. However, Nanit saves the videos, accumulates information, creates a report, and hands a fresh report to you.
- Not only does it accumulate all this data and hand a report for you, but it also provides you insights. Nanit gathers all the accumulated information, analyses it, and then figures out how your baby can sleep better.
- Nanit offers a band-aid-like thing that attaches itself to your baby’s pajamas to track their breathing motion; this thing is called the Breathing Band. Alongside the camera, this Breathing band regulates their breathing per minute. Nanit will use this information to alert you actively.
- Nanit Monitor is more than just a camera recording your baby’s falling asleep. Nanit Memories is an online community of parents, and with this feature, you can connect to those parents and comprehend and understand more about babies.
- A floor stand or a wall mount can be purchased according to your baby’s crib set up. If you want to benefit significantly from the Nanit app, go for the multi-stand accessory.
- Nanit is not compatible with Google Home, and it does not allow any flexibility towards Google Home as of now.
It is indeed true that Nanit is not compatible with Google home, which can be a matter of massive trouble for a few parents out there. Despite the fact that Nanit is not compatible with Google Home, Nanit continues to make attempts to make Nanit compatible with Google Home. Besides, it is undeniable that Nanit is a superb baby monitor that can benefit you greatly. As of now, Nanit integrates with Alexa just perfectly. So, go ahead and get your Nanit monitor now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, like any other monitor, Nanit can be hacked too. But Nanit has some security measures to prevent hacking.
Yes, Nanit can work without a Wi-Fi connection and will continue to notify you. The scenario is much like Bluetooth.
Yes, Nanit has a fee of five dollars per month, but this is applicable after the first year of continual usage.
The Nanit app is compatible with both iOS and Android. A device with iOS 14 or later, Android 8 or later, and Bluetooth Low Energy is what we suggest, though (BLE)
The Nanit app can be used with more than one camera that is linked to it. Tap the name of the child at the top of the Live, Activity, and Nights pages to switch between the Nanits linked to your account. With the Nanit Split Screen feature, you can watch up to two cameras at the same time.